Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Leafy Green Blanket (Free Pattern, it's A Knit Along)

It seems appropriate that the first project I shared be the one that inspired the blog. A work mate is about to become a Grandmother to not 1 but 2 grandbabies. So with the due date quickly approaching, I thought I'd better get my needles clicking.

This blankie is a snap to make, soft, full of simple texture, and better yet, it can be complete in just a few evenings watching t.v.

Leafy Green Blanket (October 07-2008)
(Approx. 28x36 inches)

Materials: 5.0 mm round needles (I always use round needles, I have a collection of pets who like to steal needles, I can't lose them this way)

Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (450 gram ball, you won't need this much, but I couldn't get this colour in smaller balls)

Directions: (Gauge isn't super important for this project)

Cast on 108 stitches. Purl the first row, then work 2 rows in stocking stitch. Begin row repeats as follows.

  1. K4, (P2, K2) rep to the last 4 sts., K4
  2. P4, (P2, K2) rep to the last 4 sts., P4
  3. Knit all sts.
  4. Purl all sts.
  5. K4, (K2, P2) rep to the last 4 sts., K4
  6. P4, (K2, P2) rep to the last 4 sts., P4
  7. Knit all sts.
  8. Purl all sts.

Continue in row repeats until piece measures about 35 inches, work 3 rows of stocking stitch, and then cast off. Tuck in ends, and your done.



(Photo to be posted later today or later this week)

No comments: